[Gambas-user] Compilation under Ubuntu 8.10

Ron ron at ...1740...
Fri Nov 7 18:51:32 CET 2008

Diego Fernández schreef:
> Fabien Bodard escribió:
>
>> an other thing ... don't forget to remove the kde lib from the
>> compilation as the kde 3 packages are not in the kubuntu repos from
>> now
>>
>> ./Configure -C --enable-kde=false
>>

>> 2008/11/6 Fabien Bodard <gambas.fr at ...626...>:
>>

>>> I to all ...
>>>
>>> to compile the gambas svn  you need to install this package before ...
>>> in other case it will never compile as the 8.10 use a too new libtool
>>> version and have gorgotten to maintain the old one in the
>>> repositories.

> Hi everyone,
>
> Could someone point me in the rigth direction for compiling gambas under
> ubuntu 8.10. maybe a guide, or a set  of steps i can follow.
>
> Thanks

I have adapted the 8.04 guide I had to 8.10 look here: (for svn  2.9
gambas btw)
http://www.domoticaforum.eu/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1581

BUT! Although it compiles, it says it can't find libtoolize, but the
resulting install of gambas is far from being stable.
It's results in lots of sig 11's here, expecially when starting my
gambas project, don't know if this is because i run it on my asus
eeebox, but 8.04 was stable.
Also the xorg intel  video driver is letting my screen blink every ones
in a while, maybe that is causeing the havoc, i have read old reported
bugreports about this, but couldn't find a solution.

I have sent my gdb bt and project to Benoit, but I guess he's a busy
guy, or i'm driving him nuts with my problems, or both ;-)
I'm thinking about going back to 8.04.1 to be hones, until others have
found solutions for this.

Regards,
Ron_2nd