[Gambas-user] Web Services: Working with WSDL

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Nov 5 00:41:58 CET 2008

On mercredi 5 novembre 2008, birchy wrote:
> Benoit Minisini wrote:
> > What is WSDL?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Services_Description_Language
>
> I am very surprised that you've not heard of this.

I'm not very fond of this sort of things.

> It is now very commonly
> used as an API by websites that offer a programming interface. Some of the
> larger ones are Google, Amazon, Paypal, Betfair, etc.

When you are talking about "generating code", you mean creating class proxies
for the methods described by the WSDL XML syntax? Or accessing them
transparently as Gambas classes and methods, the WSDL conversion being done
on the fly and transparently?

--
Benoit Minisini