[Gambas-user] Please help with directory problem

Ron_1st ronstk at ...239...
Sat Nov 1 15:29:13 CET 2008

On Friday 31 October 2008, Kari Laine wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 11:52 PM, Kari Laine <klaine8 at ...626...> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Benoit Minisini <
> > gambas at ...1...> wrote:

> >> I often forget the WAIT keyword after a SHELL or EXEC command, so now I
> >> think
> >> this syntax was not a really good idea.
> >>
> >> I should have used the opposite syntax, i.e. a keyword like "BACKGROUND"
> >> or "DO NOT WAIT"!
> >>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I still have a problem.
> > The routine is now following
> >
> > PUBLIC SUB makedirs(sHak AS String)
> > DIM haks AS NEW String[300]
> > DIM hak2 AS String
> > DIM crtdir AS String
> >
> > crtdir = "/home/kari/backup_work/cdroot/"
> >   haks = Split(sHak, "/")
> >   FOR EACH hak2 IN haks
> >       IF hak2 = "" THEN CONTINUE
> >
> >     crtdir = crtdir &/ hak2
> >     'SHELL "mkdir  " & crtdir
> >     'TRY MKDIR crtdir
> >     SHELL "mkdir  " & crtdir WAIT
> >
> >     'PRINT crtdir
> >   NEXT
> >
> > END

When I'm see it right you are creating a sequence of dirs

  crtdir = "/home/kari/backup_work/cdroot/"
  sHak="my/nice/path/to/files"

you could do a
  SHELL "mkdir -p " & crtdir &/ sHak WAIT

------
for mkdir there are two ways to create:
1)
  'mkdir my nice path to files'
  this will create all given dirs in the current working directory.

  /home/kari/backup_work/cdroot/my
  /home/kari/backup_work/cdroot/nice
  /home/kari/backup_work/cdroot/path

2)
  'mkdir my/nice/path/to/files'
  this will create the whole path in one go
  /home/kari/backup_work/cdroot/my/nice/path/to/files

Using the -p option prevent errors if the directory already exists.

Best regards
Ron_1st