[Gambas-user] listening/notifying other parts of program

richard terry rterry at ...1822...
Thu May 29 23:54:36 CEST 2008

Am bogged down/stuck in my project at the moment because of its structural
design deficiencies.

The core of my app is basically a workspace, with tabs being added/closed etc
as needed. Various forms are added onto the tab as needed and contain
information which on occasions may have been primarily entered on a different
tab, but need to be displayed in a different context on another tab.

I need a mechanism which, if I update information on one tab, it somehow posts
a message which can be picked up by any other object listening for changes.

Hope this is not ambiguous as not being a programmer I don't know how to
describe it.

Any help/pointers/code examples particularly, appreciated.

Richard