[Gambas-user] Making debian repositories?

David Paleino d.paleino at ...626...
Sat May 31 17:25:04 CEST 2008

On Sat, 31 May 2008 22:11:52 +0700, Hamish Robertson wrote:

> Nearly finished a BASH script that makes it possible to double-click install
> software on ubuntu sans the internet.

What do you mean?
Isn't that accomplished by things like gdebi and apt-zip?

> I'm almost there but I'm having trouble creating a local apt repository (I
> want to create an apt repository in a folder on my hard disk. Anyone got a
> clue how to do this?

Check for reprepro, debmirror, ...

> Any help would be greatly appreciated. p.s sorry this isn't GAMBAS...will add
> a proper gambas UI once I get this script worked out...

:)

> #/bin/bash
> # MAKE AN INSTALL SCRIPT SCRIPT
> # Hamish's convert's deb files to self extracting gz files.
> # bundles the desired deb and all it's dependancies together.
>
> gksu -k /bin/echo "login der"

Don't rely on the user having gksu.
Better would be:

[ -x /usr/bin/gksu ] && gksu -k /bin/echo "login der"

You might also want to generalize that, allowing the use of "kdesudo", "sudo"
ans "su".

> sudo mkdir /tmp/setupfiles
>
> sudo rm -f /var/cache/apt/archives/*.deb
>
> #sudo yes | sudo apt-get update

Don't expect anyone to have sudo. That's Ubuntuish (see my signature :P)

> sdebname=$(zenity --text "Please enter a one-word name for your superdeb."
> --entry)
>
> zenity --info \
> --text="Please choose the packages to include in your setup file. When you
> have finished downloading your packages, please exit Synaptic to continue."

Check for zenity:

[ -x /usr/bin/zenity ] && zenity ...

> sudo synaptic
> #Synaptic has now finished

Does that work?
Besides the "don't expect sudo" remark -- wouldn't that just start synaptic?
Also, don't expect (™) synaptic.

> #insert version no... in this case it's always 1.0
> sudo echo "Version: 1.0" >> control

Not true, lately in Debian we have inroduced:

Version: 1.0
Version: 2.0
Version: 3.0 (quilt)
Version: 3.0 (native)
Version: 3.0 (git)

> #insert section
> sudo echo "Section: unknown" >> control

Isn't there a way to fix that?

> #insert Architechture
> sudo echo "Architecture: i386" >> control

Only i386?

> #insert list of dependancies
> cd /var/cache/apt/archives/
> ## Rob's perl listing script. (Thanks Rob!!)
> DEPLIST=$(perl -e 'print join(", ", map { s/.deb$//; $_ }
> split("\n", `ls *.deb`)), "\n";')

As far as I understood, you're just listing anything
in /var/cache/apt/archives... they're *not* dependencies.

> #Now to make a repository HELP!!!! I'm in the ballpark here...just not
> hitting a home run yet..

Check my tips above.

Please take my notes as suggestions, I don't mean to offend anyone :)

Kindly,
David

P.S.: if you could explain what you're trying to achieve, maybe there's an
easier and fancier way...

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino