[Gambas-user] This project seems to be already open

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon May 19 19:05:38 CEST 2008

On samedi 17 mai 2008, Mike Brett wrote:
> I'm doing a lot of jumping around between example projects at the moment
> as I compare techniques. Since there is no menu option for "Close
> Project", I presume that when you open one project the previous one is
> always closed?

Yep.

>  From time to time, I get a "This project seems to be already open"
> message when opening a project. I can't find a consistent pattern to
> this - it seems pretty random.
>
> However, I've just had one on opening the first project after a system
> rebooting, which seems a bit odd......
>
> BTW, this is with one instance of gambas open, in case you were
> wondering!  :)
>
> Thanks.
>
> - Mike Brett - (gambas 2.6.0 on Fedora 8)

This is not random: you get this message when the project has not been
correctly closed. When a project is opened, a ".lock" file is created inside
its directory. This file is destroyed when the project is closed. If
the ".lock" file is present when opening the project, then you get the
message.

Benoit Minisini