[Gambas-user] Searching an error in the whole class

Thu May 15 08:23:57 CEST 2008

Benoit Minisini schrieb:
> On mercredi 14 mai 2008, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to let the program jump to an error routine if an error
>> occurs SOMEWHERE in the class?
>>
>> I cannot find the reason for an error in one of my apps the students
>> use. This error occurs especially when lots of french letters and/or
>> apostrophies are written, but it is not predictable. So I cannot try it
>> for myself (what I did, but it didn't run into an error...)
>>
>> Of course, they use a compiled version of the program. So I have to log
>> the error into a file and search for the reason. But with TRY etc. I can
>> only catch an error within one specific function... Since I don't know
>> where the error occurs, it would be nice to let the program jump into
>> some "global" error routine.
>>
>> Thanks for your hints!
>>
>> Rolf
>>

> Why can't you know where the error occurs? When you compile the program, check
> the check-box that tell the compiler to keep debuggin information inside the
> executable, and you will get the location of the error. You can even get the
> backtrace on the standard error output!
>
> Regards,

You were right, as usual :-) Just wanted to let you know, I
forgot/didn't see the checkbox with the "keep debug information" thing.
So at last I found the place the trouble began, and I hope I could get
rid of it.

By the way, does this have any influence on speed, efficiency etc. of
the app being interpreted? After all, there is a checkbox...

Regards,

Rolf