[Gambas-user] OT: BASH help!

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon May 12 02:39:07 CEST 2008

On Sunday 11 May 2008 12:06, Hamish Robertson wrote:
> This next bit has me stuck. I need to find some way of getting a
> list of all the downloaded .deb files and putting that into the
> control file of a new metapackage. I was thinking of using a bash
> script here but I'm not sure... Any suggestions?

I have no idea what a .deb control file looks like, but what you're
looking to do may be as simple as

/bin/ls /var/cache/apt/archives/*.deb >>listofdebs.txt

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, though.  If you need to remove the .deb
extension, the version or any of that stuff, it becomes more
complicated but is still a perl one-liner.  Too bad the Gambas script
interpreter doesn't have a -e flag to allow one-liners ;-)

Rob