[Gambas-user] BASH help!

Hamish Robertson robertsonhamish at ...626...
Sun May 11 18:06:08 CEST 2008

Hey guys,
I'm a complete novice to programming. so please don't flame me is I say
anything stupid here.

I have a great idea for a program that will (hopefully) help linux a lot.

debs and rpms seem to be the defacto standards now for distributing linux
programs. However this system works best only if you have an internet
connection.

I've got a good solution to this probroblem. way easier than
apt-on-cd....I'm just having a bit of trouble working out the technical
details.

This is the plan. (Using Ubuntu as the base distro for the time being)

I create a small distro based on ubuntu-minimal, with only  x.org, gtklibs,
synaptic and the gambas runtime installed.

Once the distro gets booted (preferably from virtualbox or vmware) it
automatically loads my program which walks the user through the process
choosing the package they wish to install with synaptic and downloading the
required packages and dependancies. This will put all the downloaded .deb
files into /var/cache/apt/archives.

This next bit has me stuck. I need to find some way of getting a list of all
the downloaded .deb files and putting that into the control file of a new
metapackage. I was thinking of using a bash script here but I'm not sure...
Any suggestions?