[Gambas-user] drag & drop question

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue May 6 23:14:32 CEST 2008

On mardi 6 mai 2008, M0E Lnx wrote:
> I need this... Let me know if you're able to get it in there... I can
> do some serious testing here...
>
> Are there any other controls that support drag&drop yet? iconviews
> maybe? columnviews?
>
> the Drag and Drop events are there, but the controls are not reacting to
> them

The two problems with Drag & Drop:

1) DirView and FileView are not native controls. They are UserControl with a
TreeView, IconView or ColumnView embedded inside. So the Drop property and
the Drag events are for the UserControl, not the views!

2) TreeView and IconView have no support for dragging items by default. You
must write it yourself, as I did for the Gambas IDE project treeview.

Benoit Minisini