[Gambas-user] Not sure how to do this...

Jason Hackney jshackney at ...626...
Sun May 4 21:19:22 CEST 2008

In my project I'm using ffmpeg to resize a file, so I am basically
executing a shell command from within Gambas.

I'd like to do one of two things:

1) Optionally display the output of ffmpeg in a window AND wait for
the command to exit normally, or

2) Again, display the output at the user's option AND show a progress
bar so with these huge files the user has some idea of when the action
will be done.

Basically, what I want to know is if there is a relatively simple way
to do this? I was thinking I could somehow poll the output of ffmpeg
(via sed/awk/whatever) and parse it, pulling some progress information
that way. But that didn't seem very clean. Besides, I also didn't want
to make this any harder than it has to be by executing another
external command.

Am I crazy?  :-)