[Gambas-user] Textedit and Spell checking

MaxVK maximvonk at ...626...
Sat Mar 29 13:30:28 CET 2008

Rob Kudla wrote:

> Yeah, that's the bummer with asynchronous processing.  You could
> always write a temporary file with the text you want to check, then
> shell "aspell pipe <thatfile >anotherfile" and read anotherfile
> synchronously to display your modal dialog a bunch of times.

This is all working quite well, but there is a bit of a problem with the way
that aspell handles the positions of the words it finds as errors. It takes
its position from the start of each paragraph as opposed to the start of the
text.

I played with the idea of swapping <p> for <br /> etc, just in case this was
the problem, but this has no effect, and on further investigation the same
problem arises when using a standard textarea as well.

I don't seem to be able to relate the actual position of the misspelled
words in the editor, to the positions reported by aspell; I know HOW they
are being worked out, but I cant seem to replicate it in my editor so that I
can change the words. This is currently the only thing left (so far) thats
preventing this method from being a great spell checking option.