[Gambas-user] Textedit and Spell checking

richard terry rterry at ...1822...
Sat Mar 29 03:13:34 CET 2008

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 11:40:42 am MaxVK wrote:
> Rob Kudla wrote:
> > Yeah, that's the bummer with asynchronous processing.  You could
> > always write a temporary file with the text you want to check, then
> > shell "aspell pipe <thatfile >anotherfile" and read anotherfile
> > synchronously to display your modal dialog a bunch of times.
>
> Aha! Nice idea. It might not be pretty but it works! The only problem now
> is that if a word is corrected, and the correction contains more or less
> characters than the original word, from that moment on all other positions
> are broken (I'm using the position of the word as returned by aspell, and
> the length of the original to select it in the textedit).
>
> Tomorrow Ill try and keep track of the positions and update them according
> to the number of characters <> than the original word.

I'd be interested in hearing more about your project using the text editor.
I'm using the same control in my program and had intended at some stage to
try and implement spell checking and word suggestion.

I think its a bit this control generates a <p> when the enter key is pressed
and not a <br>. I seem to vaguely remember benoit saying there was no way to
intercept and change this.

Anyway, if you've time to correspond with me off list so as not to clag up the
list with non-relevant traffic I'd appreciate it.

Regards

Richard