[Gambas-user] Comment on split editor 2.99 (build 1164)

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Mar 27 23:45:41 CET 2008

On jeudi 27 mars 2008, richard terry wrote:
> Again, used this build for a number of hours tonight, and found some
> occasions where having this fully functional (even in its limited form)
> would have been really useful, even in its limited form I found it a big
> improvement over a single pane.
>
> Being able to put one routine above, and another below, and cut./paste and
> shift code around is really good.
>
> At the moment however, the two panes are not independant. ie if you cut,
> paste or hit the enter key to create blank line, it shuffles the code in
> the top pane as well, which in a true split it shouldn't.
>
> IMHO this feature reall2 separate files in each pane. With all the other
> recent changes in the editor such as code folding, this would really speed
> up ones learning/developing.
>
> Regards
>
> Richard T

Please always use the latest trunk (svn update) as much as possible, otherwise
your comments may become useless.

For the panes, I can't do anything at the moment... The guy who wanted it this
way certainly had a good reason. Personally, I have never used splitted panes
at all.

Benoit Minisini