[Gambas-user] Installing on webserver

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Mar 26 15:02:00 CET 2008

On mercredi 26 mars 2008, R. Stormo wrote:
> Is there a way I can use gambas on my isp's webserver without installing it
> on the main system.?
> They say I was welcome to install new components but they could not
> guarantee that it would work.
> So I wonder if I could place gambas files someplace on my path to make it
> work.
>

> Regards Rohnny
>
> My Gambas Community http://gambasforum.tk

Theoretically, you can compile gambas by specifying the installation prefix to
configure:

$ ./configure --prefix=/home/rohnny/gambas

Then, the only requirement is that the gbx2 (or gbx3) executable must be
accessible from the PATH environmental variable.

Try, and tell me if it works for you! :-)

Benoit Minisini