[Gambas-user] Impression of new editor (2.99 build 1249) - Collapsable Subroutines.

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Mar 25 22:04:15 CET 2008

On mardi 25 mars 2008, richard terry wrote:
> Firstly, great work, amazing how quickly this is being developed my people
> of immense talent. I've spent 4-5 hours using this tonight.
>
> ok - Love the collapsable subroutines, makes it infinately easier to
> quickly zap through ones code, however a couple of problems.
>
> 1) Need a little button to be able to collapse/uncollapse (could  use a
> single button on toolbar and just cycle it)

You have shortcuts: CTRL+ENTER and CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER. The more buttons I get on
a toolbar, the more worried I am.

> 2)Problems with this using Find. You really need to expand the subroutine
> automatically when the word is found.

Yes.

> 3) Try this (a little bug of sorts):
> 	- with a fully collapsed code listing, go to the end of  the line and hit
> the <enter> key, a blank line appears underneath the subroutine,  user
> thinks?mm... wheres the code. The try clicking on the little arrow on the
> left margin (which normally would expand the subroutine out, but now it
> dosn't, however double clicking does.

There is a problem in the editor internal logic when inserting a new line. It
is not directly related to the folding support. I must investigate...

> 4) In this build with them all collapsed, clicking on a particular line
> showing the collapsed subroutine name, changes the name in the combobox on
> the top bar to **** the subroutine ABOVE the one you have clicked on.
> (see separate posting re strange behaviour of the splitting).

There is another bug in the procedure combo-box: sometimes the line numbers
associated with the procedure names are one line too high... Strange!

Benoit Minisini