[Gambas-user] Gambas on Windows - Alternative

Ron ron at ...1740...
Fri Mar 21 17:14:51 CET 2008

Ron schreef:
> M0E Lnx schreef:
>
>> That's almost like running qemu or Virtualbox on windows.
>>
>> I used CoLinux for a while when I began my way out of windows and into Linux...
>> Good for a linux newbie...
>>
>> But that doesn't mean gambas will be running on windows... it is
>> really a Linux distro running inside a windows environment... You do
>> everything like you would in Linux...
>>
>> You can really run just about any distro inside CoLinux if you manage
>> to get your configuration and your image right... so it's really just
>>

> Not the same but I have chosen this route:
>
> I ran a headless server at home (for email/web/domotics etc) with debian
> etch,
> I have installed a basic gnome desktop and  freenx on it.
>
> Installed the freenx client on my windows machine at work (laptop) and
> at home, configured ssh, and presto i can run and develop in gambas from
> anywhere
> and the freenx client can be run in full screen mode, and is fast.
> I like it...
>
> Regards,
> Ron.

And you don't need to start a whole gnome desktop, if you setup the
connection to just run remote command gambas2, you get only gambas ide
in a ms window which integrates nicely.

I currently develop a webcgi so I don't have to run anything else on
linux desktop, and can test from firefox in windows.

Regards.