[Gambas-user] Release of Gambas 2.4

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Mar 18 22:24:47 CET 2008

Hi,

This new release is mainly a fix of the GTK+ component, which was broken in
the 2.3 version.

Here is the full ChangeLog:

[DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT]
* BUG: Ensure that the property panel is correctly shown or hidden when the
  project is opened.
* BUG: More space for displaying the project name in the project property
  dialog.
* NEW: Tips' Spanish translation updated.

[INTERPRETER]
* BUG: Mid$("", 0) returns an error now.

[GB.FORM]
* BUG: ValueBox now reformats its contents after its Value property has
  been set.

[GB.GTK]
* BUG: The default tray icon is the same as gb.qt now.
* BUG: Using stock pictures work correctly again, and does not crash the
  interpreter anymore.
* BUG: Fixes memory leaks with font and picture management, and in other
  places.
* BUG: Composed keys are correctly handled again by KeyPress events.
* BUG: Disable the management of input methods in TextBox and TextArea
  controls, so that the input methods are not disturbed. Consequently;
  SCIM and Bridged SCIM work again.
* BUG: You can read keyboard events properties in a Form KeyPress or
  KeyRelease event handler correctly now.

[GB.QT]
* BUG: Removed some memory leaks.
* BUG: TrayIcon objects are correctly destroyed at program exit.
* BUG: TrayIcon Width, Height, ScreenX and ScreenY properties do not crash
  anymore when the tray icon is hidden. They return zero instead.

[GB.WEB]
* BUG: CGI.Decode() is more robust against malformed URLs.

I would like to thanks Valgrind for being the most useful debugging tool I
ever see (provided that you have a powerful computer of course). It allowed
me to fix memory leaks in both GTK+ and QT components.

When the 2.x version will be stable enough, I will be able to start releasing
some snapshots of the 3.0 development version.

Benoit Minisini