[Gambas-user] Property question....

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Mar 16 00:32:31 CET 2008

On samedi 15 mars 2008, Stephen Bungay wrote:

> >>    So if we have a button on the form called Button1 and the intent of
> >> this action is to execute an SQL and assign the result to the property
> >> 'RecordSet', that is where the compiler presents the error. It appears
> >> that the compiler isn't aware of the Property.
> >>
> >> Private Sub Button1_Click()
> >>     'Compiler gives an 'unknown identifier' error on the next line.
> >>     RecordSet = DatabaseConnection.Exec("Select * FROM MyTable")
> >> END
> >
> > You must write ME.Recordset at the moment. I think this is a lack in the
> > compiler that cannot compile properties without ME, whereas it could with
> > methods and variables.
> >
> > Regards,
>
> Thanks Benoit.

This will be fix for Gambas 3.

I won't fix it for Gambas 2.4, as you will be able to make 2.4 projects that
cannot be compiled on 2.3 then. Maybe this is not a good idea!

But it is just a compiler limitation, it won't change anything in the
bytecode. Internally, "PropertyName = xxx" will be compiled the same way
as "ME.PropertyName = xxx".

Benoit Minisini