[Gambas-user] More Date woes

Richard richard.j.walker at ...247...
Fri Mar 14 00:53:52 CET 2008

I have hit another snag with date handling while working on the problem
referred to above (see "Strange problem with Date Time and ValueBox").

I use long form dates. I have done it for years. I like it that way. Gambas2
does not provide a mechanism (that I can find) to specify a default date
format. When I set a ValueBox widget to display a date it is Gambas that
decides whether it should be 13/03/2008 or 13/03/08 which seems to be
governed by how I set the value.

If I use:

    StartDateBox.value = Now

then I get a 4 digit year.

If I use:

    StartDateBox2.Value = Date(Now)

then I get a 2 digit year.

Does anyone know of a way to define a format for a ValueBox which will work
for both input and display?

Richard