[Gambas-user] Modifying the popup menu on workspace tab

richard terry rterry at ...1822...
Wed Mar 12 21:43:13 CET 2008

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:22:51 am Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On mardi 11 mars 2008, richard terry wrote:
> > Currently when I add a new panel or form to the workspace, a tab appears
> > where I can set the title.
> >
> > If I right mouse click on the tab there is a menu there which I didn't
> > create, just with the name on the tab and a checkbox (checked) and a
> > close current tab.
> >
> > I'd like to be able to have my own menu in place of this, is it possible?
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Richard
>
> This is not directly possible at the moment.
>
> But you can hack it by finding the Workspace TabStrip: it is the parent of
> every MDI child window. Then you create an Observer on the TabStrip, and
> implements the Menu event. Then you call STOP EVENT in your Menu event
> handler before returning, so that the default Workspace Menu event handler
 is not called.

Not much success I wonder if you could tell me what's wrong:
I have a text editor + buttons on a form called frmText editor
On my Main form I create a new frm and add it to the workspace:
 At the top of the form I did

 public hObs as Observor

In the routine I add each page I put:

  Newpage = NEW frmTextEditor
  WorkspaceEditor.Add(NewPage)

I tried various comination and permutation of this to create an observer:

   hObs = NEW Observer(NewPage.parent) AS "tabstrip"

and then created a subroutine:

PUBLIC SUB tabstrip_menu()
   PRINT "I'm being clicked"
   STOP EVENT

END SUB

But it dosn't seem to pick up the event.

Thanks in anticipation

Richard