[Gambas-user] LOCALEs and , or .

Kari Laine kari.laine at ...1400...
Sat Mar 8 13:56:02 CET 2008

Hi,

could someone explain to me how this locale thing is supposed to work
with Gambas.

command CFloat(amount1.Text) gives an error when it contains "10,10".
Naturally it works with context 10.10, but in Finland decimal separator
is , not .

I tried to start gambas with

LC_NUMERIC = fi_FI.UTF-8 gambas2,  but same error persists.

I don't understand the locale issues well.

I would also be able to print amounts in 1000,00 form.

Thanks beforehand. And thank you for all who answered my previous
question. I am inspecting the grid option.

Best Regards
Kari