[Gambas-user] In search of two features

Stephen Bungay sbungay at ...981...
Sat Mar 8 05:11:17 CET 2008

   Why not use a grid instead?
   I did a Point Of Sale (POS) for someone a year ago. The application
used a grid to track all items purchased. The grid was populated from a
table lookup after scanning in the UPC code, or, if the bar code would
not scan the number could be entered in by hand.
   Pushing the contents of a grid to a table is also a simple process
since the grid mimics a result-set fairly closely, and you have the
added benefit of being able to store row keys in a hidden column.
   Perhaps all of the above would not suit your application and I
mis-understood what you're doing, in which case just ignore my ramblings.

Steve.