[Gambas-user] building Gambas : configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables

Gabriel C nix.or.die at ...1601...
Wed Mar 5 00:49:37 CET 2008

l.alebarde2 at ...402... wrote:
> Hello,

Hi ,

> I am trying to install Gambas 2.2.1.
> I have checked I have all the required libs (cf ANNEXE).
> I have then lunch configure, and here is what I get :
>
> # ./scriptBuildGambas

[ snip ]

> See `config.log' for more details.
> configure: error: /root/gambas/gambas2-2.2.1/main/configure failed for main
>
> scriptBuildGambas is nothing more than that :
> /root/gambas/gambas2-2.2.1/configure CFLAGS="-march=pentium4 -O2 -pipe -C"

These CFLAGS are broken .. config.log will spam with something like this :

GCC does not support -C or -CC without -E

> Starting again from scratch and doing before ./reconf leads to the same.
> Besides, my gcc compiler works well.
>
> Some idea ?

remove -C from CFLAGS ;)

Regards,