[Gambas-user] Gambas class to read a joystick

Audiossis audiossis at ...867...
Tue Mar 4 10:25:42 CET 2008

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 09:56:26 -0500
> From: Rob <sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...>
> Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] Gambas class to read a joystick
> To: gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net
>
> On Monday 03 March 2008 08:29, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> > So, in File_Read, you must read the file descriptor by blocks:
>
> Thanks, I might as well write the joystick component in Gambas then.
> How do you think it should be named?
>
> Rob

Rob,
    Sorry, it took me a little time to post to your request. I am
another Gambas user (not a developer), but I have written a Gambas class
file to make use of a C library called libusb. It would seem to me that
you may benefit from this class file with your joystick issue if your
joystick is not detected in a way that Gambas can otherwise use.

    This library will let you write a user mode driver or program that
will access almost any type of usb device, although it does have its
limits (isochronous tranfers are not supported yet). However, that being
said, if you know enough C to program a Gambas module, then you may be
able to add isochronous support to this library for your own uses......?
You could then build on my class file and get the joystick support you
are looking for. Using libusb would allow you to bypass the HID driver
altogether.

Perhaps you could even base a Gambas module on the libusb library....?

Just a suggestion.

Ben

(PS. Sorry for the double post Benoit, I keep forgetting to change the
subject line......)