[Gambas-user] [Fwd: Problem with gb.db (SQLite)]

Audiossis audiossis at ...867...
Sun Mar 2 04:17:22 CET 2008

Hi,
    Never mind. Stupid me, didn't think about copying the data from the
"Result" array to a new array and then telling the TableView to display
the contents of the new array!!

This will make updates to the database files a little tricky but not
impossible..........

Thanks anyway!

Regards

Ben

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Audiossis <audiossis at ...867...>
To: gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Problem with gb.db (SQLite)
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 11:44:39 +1100

Hi Guys,
    Don't worry Benoit I'm not reporting another BUG!!.....;-)

I have a problem with a program I am writing. I am trying to display the
entire contents of multiple SQLite3 database files in a single
TableView.
I have (through experimentation) established that the problem is the
"Result" type data array.

I am reading each SQLite DB file in sequence. My problem stems from the
fact that each time I open a DB file, read it, display it and then close
it, the contents of the "Result" array is destroyed and re-written. This
obviously means that the "Result" array, and therefore the TableView,
only ever contains\displays data from the LAST DB file opened/read.

My question, is there a way to APPEND data to the result array without
destroying the data that it already contains?

Failing that, is there a way in GAMBAS to open/manipulate/display
multiple SQLite DB files simutaneously? I know SQLite supports this but
I cannot find any GAMBAS documentation describing how to do this.

I should also explain that I have chosen to use SQLite over MYSQL and
PostgreSQL because this program could conceivably be distributed. I do
not want force users to set up an SQL server If I can avoid it.

Regards

Ben