[Gambas-user] Question about Subst() syntax

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Mar 1 02:35:53 CET 2008

Hi,

I plan to limit the Subst() instruction to nine substitutions, for
optimization reasons. Does anyone use Subst with more than nine
substitutions?

I will do that for 3.0, and this will break 2.0 programs that use more than
nine substitutions.

The other proble is that the '&XX' syntax is ambiguous. &1 up to &9 is not,
but &10 can mean the 10th subsitution, or the first substitution followed by
a zero character. This was a stupid design.

Maybe the future syntax will be &1 up to &9, and then &(10),&(11),&(12) and so
on... Or maybe not, as I find that not really beautiful...

Beware that the substitution syntax is used by the database methods Edit(),
Exec(), Delete(), Find() too. So they are concerned by the syntax change.

Please tell...

--
Benoit Minisini