[Gambas-user] Weird Press Enter > formatting error in IDE

richard terry rterry at ...1822...
Mon Jun 30 13:49:02 CEST 2008

Version 1440.

This should be reproducable.

I'd typed in the  function name and started  writing a comment:

Public Function Letter_Validate_Contents() as Boolean
      'Checks that there is adequate content in a letter
      'if there is returns a true flag
      '-------------------------------------------------
end

But I usually segregate my comments by putting a line top and bottom, so I
clicked on the editor after the word Boolean, thing the <enter> action would
insert a blank line.

What it did was shift the whole of my subroutine contents **After** the  'end'
keyword of the subroutine, as per the followin piccies.

If you look at piccie number 1 you can see the cursor flash captured after the
word Boolean, and in piccie number 2, the result, with the cursor 2 lines
down (I only hit one <enter> action.

Regards

Richard