[Gambas-user] How to make your gambas project compile using autoconf tools

Laurent Carlier lordheavym at ...626...
Fri Jun 20 14:11:06 CEST 2008

Le Friday 20 June 2008 13:49:59 Ron, vous avez écrit :

> > Laurent, don't you think it should be better that the default
> > destination of the executable was /usr/local/bin?
> >
> > /sbin often is not in the $PATH of normal users.
> >
> > My little opinion :-)
> >
> > Stefano
>
> /sbin is reserved for superuser/root commands (hence the s), and even
> only those who must be available during a singleuser mode, aka to repair
> disks etc.
> /usr/sbin is reserved for the rest of the root commands.
>
> /usr/local/bin is for all third party software, so it belongs there...
>
> Regards,
> Ron.

Benoit point me this problem just after the commit. I've got some confusion
about bin and sbin. I've fixed it just few minute after and the (correct) fix
is done in svn 1421 and 1422 for gambas 2 & 3 respectivly.

Thanks for the report and the explanations !

++