[Gambas-user] How to make your gambas project compile using autoconf tools

Stefano Palmeri rospolosco at ...152...
Fri Jun 20 13:28:11 CEST 2008

Il venerdì 20 giugno 2008 12:25:08 Laurent Carlier ha scritto:
> Le Friday 20 June 2008 10:17:01 Stefano Palmeri, vous avez écrit :
> > Il giovedì 19 giugno 2008 23:52:01 M0E Lnx ha scritto:
> > > One minor problem though... I just did my application with this
> > > after some testing... here are the results
> > >
> > > running configure without arguments does not install the binary to the
> > > system
> > >
> > > running it with the --prefix=/usr argument results in a new directory
> > > in /usr called usr... so the binary really ends up in
> > > /usr/usr/vpackager.gambas
> > >
> > > How do I fix this?
> >
> > I confirm. This seems to be a bug. If I run
> > ./configure without arguments then it installs
> > the binary in:
> >
> > /usr/local/usr/local/bin/myprogram.gambas.
> >
> > instead of the expected:
> >
> > /usr/local/bin/myprogram.gambas
> >
> > You have to wait for the boss fix ;-)
> >
> > Stefano
> >
> > > On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 4:45 PM, Stefano Palmeri
> > > <rospolosco at ...152...>

> Thanks for the report, it should be fixed in svn commit 1419.
>
> Gambas executable is saved in sbin dir and take care of prefix.
>
> ++

Laurent, don't you think it should be better that the default
destination of the executable was /usr/local/bin?

/sbin often is not in the $PATH of normal users.

My little opinion :-)

Stefano