[Gambas-user] Form editor group functionality

Ron ron at ...1740...
Wed Jun 18 22:11:21 CEST 2008

Rolf-Werner Eilert schreef:
> Ron schrieb:
>
>> Benoit Minisini schreef:

>>> Sorry, I don't understand what you want exactly.
>>>

>> I'll try to explain.
>>
>> The ability to make buttons or other objects a child of another object
>> after they where placed on a form.
>> So you select them and say they must become a child object of the first
>> selected object. (for example a frame you added after those objects)
>>
>> Normaly you select an object and drag another to it, but now I want to
>> do it afterwards.
>>
>> Kinda like group function in Visio.
>>
>> But since no one besides Benoit replied, I guess i'm doing something
>> wrong, or it is already there somewhere, or it's not a big deal.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ron.
>>

> Just tried it. No big deal, if I guessed what you meant.
>
> - You have a couple of controls (input boxes, buttons, stuff like that)
>
> - You make a new frame (I used a frame, but a panel should do as well)
>
> - You click the first control, than hit and keep "Ctrl" pressed, click
> the other ones (they get black squares instead of white ones)
>
> - You hit Ctrl-C or Ctrl-X, respectively
>
> - You click the frame
>
> - You hit Ctrl-V
>
> Is this what you meant?
>
> Rolf

Rolf,

You describe the procedure I use now, the drawback is, that when you
paste the selected objects, their position gets lost.
ie they will be placed in the left hand corner of the object.
I'm missing a function which doesn't involve cut and paste, just one
that redefines the hierarchy and leave the postitions and sizes alone.
The right mouse click menu after selecting the objects the way you
describe seem to be the right place to have such a function.
Because most of the time the objects are already on the correct
positions, just the frame or object beneath it is new.

I'm picky I know ;-)

Regards,
Ron the 2nd