[Gambas-user] Feature Request: loading gz projects

o.s.p o.s.p at ...69...
Thu Jun 12 16:53:39 CEST 2008

Benoit Minisini ha scritto:
> On jeudi 12 juin 2008, o.s.p wrote:
>
>> Benoit Minisini ha scritto:

>>> It would be very difficult to modify the sources of all gambas programs
>>> and components to support that.
>>>
>>> But I think that you can use 'fuse' to mount your .gz file as a
>>> directory. If someone that knows 'fuse' well could confirm...
>>>
>> too difficult...
>> the ide is able to create a compressed source archive;
>> it would be nice if it would can automatically decompress the sources on
>> a linux tmp directory, use it and save everything back to the compressed
>> archive.
>> i hope to have been more clear!
>> salud.
>>

> I didn't see the problem like that. :-)

:)
> But the project would be able to be compressed back to its original
> emplacement only when the project is closed or when quitting the IDE.
of course! or when i hit the save button/menu....

>  If the
> IDE crashes, or is aborted by other means, then you might lose your changes
> if you are not aware.

as usual....
what i do now:
    on pc:
        write some code
        save
        export to compressed source
    at night at home on laptop:
       decompress on my linux disk
       write some bugs :)
       save
       export compressed (when i remember to do it)
end
beautiful ide why don't you to that for me?

> I put your suggestion in the TODO file...
>
> Regards,

thank you!