[Gambas-user] Feature Request: loading gz projects

o.s.p o.s.p at ...69...
Thu Jun 12 16:36:18 CEST 2008

Benoit Minisini ha scritto:
> On jeudi 12 juin 2008, o.s.p wrote:
>
>> hallo
>> this FR borns from the fact that i'm using a usb memory (fat16) to
>> strore a my little app that i develop on two machines,
>> a pc and a laptop.
>> i've strored the project on this as .gz.
>> if the ide would be able to open compressed projects i can use it
>> directly without the need of decompression or if stored on fat as plain
>> text, loosing attributes...
>> bye and thanks!
>>

> It would be very difficult to modify the sources of all gambas programs and
> components to support that.
>
> But I think that you can use 'fuse' to mount your .gz file as a directory. If
> someone that knows 'fuse' well could confirm...

too difficult...
the ide is able to create a compressed source archive;
it would be nice if it would can automatically decompress the sources on
a linux tmp directory, use it and save everything back to the compressed
archive.
i hope to have been more clear!
salud.