[Gambas-user] Gambas does not print specific letter

Fri Jun 6 09:35:37 CEST 2008

This is a strange thing affecting Gambas 1 (I have not converted this
app to Gambas 2 yet).

For an application, there are several forms using the font Palatino. One
of our students is from Turkey, and there are several special letters in
Turkish. In her name, there is a capital S with a cedille under it and a
lowercase i without the dot (to be found under Latin-A). The program
prints into a ps file.

With this font (others are ok!), the lowercase i without dot is printed
correctly, but the capital S with cedille just disappears. The same font
prints all these letters correctly in other applications like OOo, and
in Gucharmap I can see that it definitely contains these letters. The
temporary ps file does not contain this letter, and of course it won't
be printed then... That means, it doesn't leave the Gambas printing engine.

By the way, the capital S thing is C59E in UTF-8, it is saved as such in
the file (I checked it) and thus should print (well, yes it does with
other fonts, just not in Palatino).

Anyone here had such a problem? Benoit, did the printing engine change
from version 1 to 2, so the problem might go away by converting the project?

Thanks for your time!

Rolf