[Gambas-user] column width in gridview

Thu Jun 5 08:38:06 CEST 2008

Stefano Palmeri schrieb:
> Il mercoledì 4 giugno 2008 18:16:38 Peter Mathijssen ha scritto:
>> 2008/6/4 Rolf-Werner Eilert <eilert-sprachen at ...221...>:
>>> Yes, at least very similar.
>>>

>>> - this seems to be specific to Gambas 2. I have done this many times in
>>> Gambas 1, and have never had this problem.
>>>
>>> I guess this won't really help you on, but you're not alone with the
>>> column width problem I guess :-)
>>>
>>> Rolf
>> It is also my rightmost column that is acting weird. Well at least it's not
>> my bad coding that is causing the problems. ;-)
>>
>> I only have the gridview or columnview to choice from. I hope Benoit can
>> find the problem.
>>
>> Peter
>
> Hi, Peter
>
> I've attached an example. Please, could you
> run it and test if the second column is large
> twice the first?
>
> Stefano

Hi Stefano,

no problem so far. I tried to make the gridview control wider on the
form, and found this:

- if the gridview is rather small, it will produce a horizontal scrollbar

- if the gridview is wider, it will fit the text within the visible
area. When the user slides the column right, part of the header text
will disappear. When the user continues sliding, the horizontal
scrollbar will appear eventually.

- if the gridview is very wide, it will try to fit the rightmost column
within the area, so the rightmost column is stretched over.

In my project, the problem arises during runtime, when the program
adjusts the column width after clicks by the user and the gridview
contents changed.

It seems to be a problem of qt rather then Benoit :-)

Rolf