[Gambas-user] Can gambas figure out dimensions for objects?

M0E Lnx m0e.lnx at ...626...
Wed Jun 4 16:02:28 CEST 2008

Up to now, I've never needed this feature, so I never tried this. But
here is the situation now.

I need to find out if it is possible at all for gambas to determine
the size of an object (button and textlabel mostly), based on the
object's .text property

So why do you need this you ask?
I'm trying to offer room for translation of a project of mine. So the
hard coded text on the objects will fit just right, But a translated
version of an object's text, may be shorter or longer, depending on
the target language.

Does anyone have any idea how to accomplish such a task?

Thanks