[Gambas-user] Gambas runtime?

Jose J. Rodriguez joe1962 at ...626...
Tue Jun 3 15:33:09 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 4:32 AM, Stefano Palmeri <rospolosco at ...152...> wrote:
> Il Tuesday 03 June 2008 05:40:19 tsakaji30 ha scritto:
>> My question is if exists posibility of execute a gambas program in another
>> PC without need of installing it? Just like a runtime package or something
>> else, i have read some post about that but i still don't know, i have to
>> pack a runtime? Or can I use a generic package?
>
> No. If you want to run a Gambas program, Gambas must be installed.
> It's the same thing as Java, python etc etc
> Maybe one day GNU/linux distributors will open their eyes and will
> install Gambas as a default package, just like python.

Actually, you can install the runtime and necessary support packages
(gb.qt, gb.gtj, etc...) without the IDE. BTW, VectorLinux has Gambas
1.0.19 runtime stuff included as default for quite a while now, in
fact, many of our own system utilities are "made in Gambas". We should
include 2.x soon too, now that it is stable.

Regards,
Joe1962