[Gambas-user] Bluetooth in Gambas

Lee McPherson leemcpherson at ...626...
Sun Jun 1 01:06:16 CEST 2008

This is not exactly a Gambas question, but I thought someone would be
able to point me in the right direction.

I'm trying to make a Bluetooth handsfree app with Gambas.  I've already
gotten the serial interface established so that I can dial calls and
download the phonebook from my cell phone within Gambas.  I'm using
Ubuntu (hardy) and to create the serial connection, I'm using the
command line program rfcomm.  (I had to put this program in the sudoers
file so that I didn't have to use sudo every time I wanted to run it.)

Here's the problem... I haven't been able to find any good documentation
to establish the 2-way audio link to the cell phone with Bluetooth.
Other online tutorials explain how to use btsco (an outdated app) to
connect to Bluetooth headsets, but that doesn't seem to be working for
me.  I've come across an idea to have linux emulate a bluetooth headset
so that the phone can find it, but I haven't discovered how to do that.
Ultimately, I just want to use standard speakers and a mic connected to
the computer to talk over bluetooth.

Does anyone have ideas?  I'd be extremely grateful!  (if anyone has
questions about how I've done what I have so far, I'd be glad to answer
them.)

-Lee