[Gambas-user] SMTPClient message format issue

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Jun 1 00:10:06 CEST 2008

On jeudi 29 mai 2008, Ron wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hereby a request to add a flagfield, apply a bugfix or correct working
> logic to smtpclient to be able to sent really plaintext messages with it.
>
> A plaintext message should look like this: for example:
> --- cut ---
>
> BODY
>
> But if you sent simple textbody with smtpclient it results in this:
> The content-type is first set to multipart/mixed, and later to text/plain.

The mail sent by gb.net.smtp is perfectly correct. The problem is in your mail
client that does no support MIME...

Anyway, maybe I could detect this specific case and not use multipart message.

But if your mail client does not understand MIME, I wonder what he will do
with UTF-8...

--
Benoit Minisini