[Gambas-user] Problem parsing a "<" character to the Linux Shell

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Jul 24 14:35:12 CEST 2008

On jeudi 24 juillet 2008, M0E Lnx wrote:
> Ok... after some more testing, I think I may have miss-stated the facts
> here.
>
> Print sCMD does print the entire string. Now I'm leaning towards
> believing this is yet another bug in the gtk component
> message.info(sCMD) is what only shows the shortened string.
>
> Does not happen when using gb.qt. Only gb.gtk
>
> Can soneone else verify this??

I think the gb.gtk message box always take your string as HTML (and so
interpret your '<' as a markup start), whereas the Qt library tries to guess
if the message string is HTML or plain text.

As I can't remove this guess routine from Qt, maybe I should implement
something like that in gb.gtk. Weird...

Benoit Minisini