[Gambas-user] howto disable optimization?

Kari Laine kari.laine at ...1400...
Sun Jul 20 00:09:03 CEST 2008

Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On samedi 19 juillet 2008, Kari Laine wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> could someone tell me how to turn of all the optimization in compiling
>> Gambas. The optimization plays games when stepping through for example
>> gbc3. I tried to give CFLAGS=-O0 to configure but somehow the option -Os
>> is still used.
>>
>> Thank you for any help
>> Best Regards
>> Kari Laine
>>

> ./configure --disable-optimization
>
> What problem do you have with optimization? Can you give some details? Which
> version of gcc do you use?

I don't have any "user" problem with Gambas using optimization - sorry
not to be clear. On my long quest to learn how Gambas works I step
through parts of it using DDD and  (I think) that because of
optimization DDD shows order of steps in it illogical order. Sorry not
to be me clear originally.

I try --disable-optimization now. Thanks.

Best Regards
Kari Laine