[Gambas-user] Sendmail tool and Gambas2

Fox _root at ...324...
Thu Jul 17 07:24:31 CEST 2008

Nx GT-R BOY wrote:
> Hi, As part of my development in Gambas2 I am making a feature in my
> software that remains people a to-do list daily via email.
>
> So far I am working with sendmail, but If you know a better alternative
> would be appreciated.

I use "sendEmail"
is simple and fast, it works in shell and it can send directly to server.

Example:

 From a window:
Fmail.call_me(ME.Name)

Fmail:
PUBLIC from_software AS String

PUBLIC SUB call_me(mecall AS String)
  from_software = Application.Name & "-" & mecall
  ME.Show
END

  mailfrom = "-f " & who & "@mydomain.com"
  obj = "-u 'Software bug report' "
  mailserver = " -s mailserverIP "
  mailto = " -t sysadmin at ...1943..."
  msg = "-m 'Report sent from: " & who & " - day  " & mydate & "\n
Software: " & from_software & " \n" & bug & "' "

  mycommand = "sendEmail " & mailfrom & mailto & obj & msg & mailserver

  SHELL mycommand
  Message.Info("Report sent")

Christian

 Sponsor:
 Vasco è tornato! Sul tuo cellulare Il mondo che vorrei
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=7749&d=17-7