[Gambas-user] Embedding another application

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Jul 9 23:26:25 CEST 2008

On mercredi 09 juillet 2008, M0E Lnx wrote:
> Hi again, Another small annoyance in my endeavours to use the embedder
> object
>
> I am trying to embed an application into my form using the embedder object.
> The embedding works fine (thanks to the bugfixes :=] ) but here is the
> little annoyance
>
> To be more specific, I'm trying to embed gparted into my form.
> As you may or may not know, gparted takes a few seconds to load. This
> is because it scans the system for drives and stuff, so there is a
> delay from the fime the SHELL command is executed and the time the
> application really shows up on the desktop
>
> This is a problem for me (at least now) because my embedder is looking
> for the application, and sometimes it times out
>
> so I need help ... I need a way to make my sub WAIT just enough to let
> gparted load
> I can't use the WAIT argument on the SHELL like, because then it'll
> never get embedded
>
> any ideas how I might accomplish this?

Just wait with the WAIT instruction.

Then check that the window of gparted is on the screen with Desktop.Find()

If it is not, wait again.

Check that gparted didn't die with the Process_Kill event.

Benoit Minisini