[Gambas-user] READ-Event on #File.in ???

gambas at ...1938... gambas at ...1938...
Wed Jul 9 22:35:05 CEST 2008

Hi everybody!!!

Is it possible to get a READ-Event on #File.in?

Background is: The external process, which is spawning my program, is a little
bit flaky regarding its timings. It pushes it's data randomly via STDOUT into
my prog.
When I use the "WHILE NOT Eof(File.In)"-Example taken from the online help, I
always get disconnected from the external process, after the WEND...but I
have to send some data back, too! ;-)
To bring some light into the dark: At first, i have to read the whole message
block (terminated by an empty line), after that, I'm able to send my onw data
back to the process.

If I didn't misunderstand the concepts of READ-Event, it sit's on the stream
and every time data arrives, it reads the incoming data automagically :-)

TIA
Stevie