[Gambas-user] Simple Newbie Question - Opening initial Data Form

NEKey lonsdale663 at ...1073...
Tue Jul 8 20:35:20 CEST 2008

Very simple question from a new user - please be patient !

The main form is calculating positions, time and distances.
I have a sub-form where the start position (initial data)  is entered.

The main form class file has this;

PUBLIC SUB AddData_Click()
AddDataForm.Show
END
 which opens the initial position data entry form correctly.

The class file for the data entry form has this
PUBLIC SUB DataDone_Click()
END
which closes the form when the data has been entered.

My question is ; where does the handling process for the initial data input
go? (The routines that check the data is valid and have the right number of
digits/decimal places/etc.)

In the main form class file or the data entry class file ?

If in the data entry class file, what is the "header" to the chunk of code.
The bit that starts PUBLIC SUB.... (if the data has been entered then accept
and check it)

The routine will then accept data from the valueboxes and check it.
END

Thanks.