[Gambas-user] Path for open file write

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Jul 6 22:21:36 CEST 2008

On dimanche 06 juillet 2008, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> My program also recreates html pages as the program runs, so am I correct
> in thinking that I will not be able to do that either. I am converting a
> hamradio program from VB, and will also need to do my logging. So my
> thinking since everything is RO then I am out of luck on it?

Only your project is read-only.

If the pages you create are temporary, i.e. they disappear when the program
ends, then you can use the process temporary directory created by the
interpreter (Temp$ function).

If the pages you create are persistent, then you must store them inside the
user home directory, or in another directory specified by him.

If you are doing a program that is run by root or another priviledged user,
you should store your logs in /var/log.

Benoit Minisini