[Gambas-user] PostgreSQL on another machine from Gambas

charlesg charles at ...1784...
Sun Jul 6 17:31:21 CEST 2008

Hello all,

I would be grateful for some help although I realise this is not really a
Gambas problem.

I have set up PostgreSQL on 2 machines, one called Scott the other Hardwired
using the instructions in
http://hocuspokus.net/2008/05/13/install-postgresql-on-ubuntu-804/.

I have set up test databases on both and can successfully connect on both
using:
'-----------------------
With conn
    .type = "postgresql"
    .host = "localhost"
    .user = "postgres"
    .Password = "fred"
    .Name = "test"
End With
Try conn.Open
'----------------------
What I want to do now is connect from Scott to the database on Hardwired.
When I change
.host="localhost" to .host="hardwired" the error is
Fatal:missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file.
Is this referring to the pg_hba.conf on Scott (the user) or Hardwired (the
'server')? I have tried chmod a+r on both to no effect.

I can 'ping hardwired' from scott.

The active lines in pg_hba.conf (as per above instructions) are:
local   all         postgres                          ident sameuser
local   all         all                               md5
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          md5
host    all         all         ::1/128               md5
host    all         all         192.168.1.0          255.255.255.0  md5

Any ideas?