[Gambas-user] Documentation ?

serge bouc serge.bouc at ...402...
Tue Jul 1 18:56:31 CEST 2008

Hello Gambas,

   Some years ago, I wrote a program using Gambas 1,
to produce some pictures in hyperbolic geometry. I recently
tried to restart this program. In between, I had updated my
system to Mandriva 2008, and even if Gambas 1 is still included
in the distribution, it just does'nt work (no fonts available...)

   So I installed Gambas2, and after "some" work, I more or less
succeeded to have my program running.

   For this I had to convert a lot of things (e.g. the "Array" function
is no longer a function..., and I had to guess almost by my own by what
it has been replaced. This is OK anyway, much nicer now). I still have
a couple of problems remaining, that I could probably solve easily if I
could
find Gambas documentation.

  I mean *not* http://gambasdoc.org/help/,
which may certainly help experts... in some cases. :-(

   One of the concrete problems I have is :

- How to change the color of the text in a button ? The assignment
button.foreground=my_nice_color_kivabien
used to work in Gambas 1, but its only effect now seems to turn
the color to black, independently of the value in input.
I am sure I'm missing something here, but what ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards.
   Serge.