[Gambas-user] enumerate forms

Steven Lobbezoo steven at ...1652...
Mon Jan 28 13:37:39 CET 2008

Le Sunday 27 January 2008 22:15:39 Benoit Minisini, vous avez écrit :
> On dimanche 27 janvier 2008, Steven Lobbezoo wrote:
> > Le Sunday 27 January 2008 15:41:36 Stefano Palmeri, vous avez écrit :
> > > or better:
> > >
> > > DIM sFormName AS String
> > >
> > >   FOR EACH sFormName IN Dir(Application.Path, "*.form").Sort()
> > >     PRINT file.BaseName(sFormName)
> > >   NEXT
> > >
> > > Stefano

> > Thanks Stefano.
> > I did the same, untill it came to me :-(  that in the execution
> > environment these files are not there.
> > So, it can't be done like this.
> > However, since I can call forms by name (open formname), the data must be
> > available somewhere in the executable.
> > I will continue playing detective.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Steven
>
> In the executable, you have only the object files, but you can't know
> anything about them before loading them. They are loaded the first time the
> class is used.
>
> Please explain why you need to know the forms of your projects at runtime,
> maybe another way of doing what you want exists.
>
> Regards,

I know, but a thought maybe I can scan the executable for a marker, and then
get the names of the forms. However, I saw that they are mixed with other
variables in the executable, so it's not possible either.

What I try to do is implement a access rules system in my software.
The big boss with the user can define (in a Mysql Table) rules for
read/Update/Delete/Create acces THe rules depend on the table / search , the
user (and it's level), the contents of the records and the form name.

Of course, I can just make a formnames array by hand, but I thought it would
be easy to do it automatically, specially since we're adding forms on a day
to day basis.

Regards,
.