[Gambas-user] active window howto and little example program

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Jan 25 00:45:56 CET 2008

On jeudi 24 janvier 2008, Stefano Palmeri wrote:
> Hi, all. Hi, Benoit
>
> We discussed about the current active window on desktop
> and how to get it.
>
> I wrote a little project that returns the ID and the title
> of the current active window. Also returns all current windows.
> The project uses xprop and xwininfo, which should be installed
> on any system running the X server. No need for other external programs.
>
> I tested it under KDE, but should work
> under other desktop managers.
> Hope this helps Kim and other users.
>
> Benoit, is it possible to put it under examples, because
> many times in the mailing list people asked for a way to get the active
> window?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Stefano Palmeri

Only one person asked for having the active window. :-) But I can put that
program in the examples, to show how to use the SHELL instruction.

The good way is enhancing the desktop component with functions to get and set
windows properties.

Benoit Minisini